Someone pointed me towards the site The People of Wal-Mart--a blog of weird or badly dressed people, as seen in Wal-Mart stores. I have mixed feelings about this site. On one hand, I'm all about the Weird of the World, so I'm in for pics like this:
On the other hand, some of it is just cruel:
But there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said--they have a Love page on the site...
* First of all, I LOVE THIS SITE. I am the kind of person that could just spend hours people-watching anyway. It is almost a relief to me that others have noticed that Wal-mart attracts the most bizarre people in the universe. It is almost like a depot for extraterrestrials. ...These people choose to dress this way, no one is holding a gun to their heads and forcing them to behave like that. I certainly respect diversity in all its forms, but that does not mean that we can’t laugh a little. Lighten up, haters!
and a Hate page...
* These aren’t the people of Walmart, they are the people of America.
* Please take a moment to consider the hurtfulness that can be caused by being made fun of. You may have never experienced not having the “in” name-brand shoes or clothing, but I did when I was growing up and it hurt. Not all people are beautiful on the outside and that you can tell at first glance, but the ugliness of a person’s inside is revealed by their deeds.
* You little geniuses are missing out on a lot of mental stimulation by not
embracing the diversity of the human condition fully. Start getting some
interviews and quotes. You could become big time videographers..and, while
filming, don’t forget to get a close up of yourselves the first time a
real life story dampens your little ol eyes.
* What’s next? “People of the Food Bank” or “People of the Salvation Army”?
...Gonna have to say I'm more inclined towards being a Hater.